Friday, October 28, 2022

Nancy Pelosi and me

All reasonable people are disgusted by the attack on Nancy Pelosi’s husband.  Unfortunately this country has fewer and fewer reasonable people.  When even members of Congress can’t bring themselves to denounce political violence, or continue to claim the 2020 election was stolen, or are afraid to offer even a mild criticism of Trump, we can expect the kind of attack that occurred in Nancy Pelosi’s home.


I have admired Speaker Pelosi for decades.  I have the honor to be called on the carpet by Ms. Pelosi.  I won’t get into details, but at the time I was the Chair of the Santa Clara County Democratic Party and Pelosi was the state Democratic Chair.  I was publicly critical of a party policy, and Nancy Pelosi called me and said something to the effect of “Roy, can’t you just keep your mouth shut?”  I don’t remember exactly what I said, but I think it was something to the effect of “Yes, ma’am.”

No comments:

Post a Comment