Wednesday, May 31, 2023

The Mountain Valley Pipeline deal has a putrid smell

I am so angry.  This deal to raise the debt ceiling was unbelievably rotten.  The Mountain Valley Pipeline, proposed to bring fracking gas from West Virginia to Virginia, was approved in the deal, and it was protected from any judicial review.  Congress can decide the jurisdiction of the courts.  So, Congress decided, with Biden’s approval, that the Mountain Valley Pipeline, running across nearly 1000 streams and rivers, can be built without any court review.


The pipeline is backed by the Joe Manchin.  The company that controls the pipeline, NextEra Energy, gives large donations to both Manchin and Sen. Schumer.  I understand why people lose faith in their government.  I am one of them.


Biden thinks that Manchin can win in West Virginia with its deep red electorate and needs his help.  I’d rather they elect a Republican.  At this point, I don’t care.


No comments:

Post a Comment