Friday, July 14, 2023

Kutztown, PA

Kutztown may be the perfect small town.  It has two Mexican restaurants, La Concina Mexicana and Cielito Lindo.  I’ve dined a number of times at  La Cocina Mexicana, and it is outstanding.  I’ve yet to try Cielito Lindo.  Kutztown has two book stores, one on campus and Firefly Bookstore on the main street.  Again, I’ve only been to Firefly, and it is a great small bookstore.  Kutztown has a farmers’ market just outside of town that sells Pennsylvania Dutch baked goods and fresh fruits and vegetables.  The town is home to Kutztown State.  The town has nice bars.  Maybe that’s redundant; I already mentioned it has a college.  I really like that town. 

1 comment:

  1. Before returning home to San Jose and enrolling at San Jose State, I did my freshman year in San Diego at SDSU. No small town there, but it did spoil me for Mexican food.

    Something few people know was that I was accepted to Cal Poly the same time I was accepted to SJSU. My brother and I drove over to check it out, and I declined to attend simply based on what I saw of San Luis Obispo. It would probably have been an excellent education, but oh well.

    ReplyDelete