Wednesday, July 19, 2023

The No Labels Party

Wow.  There’s a concept.  Joe Manchin is thinking about running for President in a “No Labels” party.  I have a number of labels for Manchin, none of which are suitable for posting.


The whole idea is stupid.  Labels aren’t the problem with American politics.  People like Trump and Kevin McCarthy and John Roberts and his Supreme Court crew are the problem.  Running for office on a platform of not being a Democrat or a Republican solves nothing.  

1 comment:

  1. Manchin reminds me of Joe Lieberman. I think one of Gore's worst decisions during his presidential run was tapping Lieberman to be his running mate. The other was withdrawing his concession. But it makes no never-mind now. I just happen to be thinking about this the other day, possibly because I was listening to the story about No Labels on NPR during my morning commute earlier this week.

    ReplyDelete