Monday, July 10, 2023

Transgender legislation

I don’t know very much about medical policy toward transgender kids.  I’ve read only one book on the subject.  Before I read that book (“Becoming Nicole”) I thought that any medical treatment should wait until after the kid went through puberty.  According to doctors who were featured in the book, however, it is very important to start hormone treatment before puberty.  


I’ll admit that I really am no expert on this subject.  AND NEITHER ARE THE JERKS IN STATE LEGISLATURES WHO ARE PASSING LAWS MANDATING OR FORBIDDING CERTAIN MEDICAL INTERVENTIONS.  Let’s allow individual families, individual trans kids, and individual medical personnel make these decisions, not some yahoo trying to make political hay out of wrecking someone’s life who is already going through a difficult time.


By the way, the same thing goes for decisions on abortions.

2 comments: