Tuesday, February 6, 2024

The difference between Democrats and Republicans

I am a member of the Carbon County Democratic Executive Board.  I don’t think Biden should run for President.  He implied that he would be a one-term president four years ago, and by running there’s a good chance he will lose to a candidate that I regard as a threat to American democracy.  The Democratic Party has governors and senators who are able and willing to step into the race and would be stronger candidates.


I won’t be kicked off the Executive Board for saying that.  No one will threaten me for saying that.  No one will demand that I retract those words.  I won’t be called a traitor.  President Biden won’t talk about retribution against me, although he might well be irritated.  


Now imagine a member of the Carbon County Republican Executive Board (or whatever their governing body is called) saying they don’t think Trump should run in 2024.  Consider the blowback, the threats, the vote to remove that member from any kind of party office.


Right there you have the difference between the two parties.  You can see why I am rather honored to be a Democrat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment