Tuesday, March 19, 2024

No longer a "progressive" Democrat

I’m still a Democrat, but I think people who want me to learn their pronouns are rude and tiresome.  If I am introduced to someone, I probably won’t remember his or her name ten minutes later.  Now you also want me to remember various pronouns?


And I don’t call people LatinX.  It sounds like they have been captured by Elon Musk’s media empire.  Spanish, like French, is a “gendered” language.  I’m old school on Spanish.


Why would Biden need to apologize about calling someone an “illegal alien”?  Yes, I’m familiar with the idea that a person can’t be “illegal.”  I’m also familiar with the idea that sovereignty means a nation is in control of its borders, and forgetting the “correct” label for people who jump the line is not the most important issue here.


Let’s focus on important stuff.  Biden may not be the ideal candidate, but he is what we got.  Anyone who is having trouble deciding between Biden and Trump at this point in American history is somehow not thinking straight.  Trump needs to be crushed in the November election.  If Trump does win, pronouns, language issues, and “issues” of that ilk will seem minor indeed.  Let’s focus, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment