Monday, April 22, 2024

Everything's going wrong

I haven’t posted since Friday.  There are times when I just can’t bring myself to sit down at the keyboard and say something halfway intelligent.  So much is going wrong.


Why does India, with the founding dream of a secular state uniting different groups and languages, now turn to a leader who pushes Hindu nationalism?


Why do young people vape and put studs through their lips and noses?


Why doesn’t the U.S. reinstitute the draft or a mandatory year of public service?


Why are loan agencies and banks allowed to keep adding interest to student loans, in effect acting as gangland loan sharks?


Why do people spend money on lottery tickets instead of spending it wisely, or even saving it?  And why does the government encourage this behavior?


Why do parents and grandparents hover over their children, not allowing them independent play?


Why does the Israeli government permit paramilitary settler groups to kill Palestinians on the West Bank with impunity?


Why would almost half of the people of the United States of America plan to vote for a sociopath?


I’ll try to be more positive.  Really, I will.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should have to do a mandatory year of public service to earn to the vote. Or hold office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see where that might lead to various abuses.

    ReplyDelete