Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ignoring the news

Today we visited Marysvillle.  We had a great Mexican lunch (chile relleños for me) at the Casa Carlos, were given a private tour of a 19th century Chinese temple (still used for religious purposes), and watched the salmon leap on their run up the Feather River.  
I know bad stuff is happening.  The New York Times is available in Chico, so I know about the Tea Party misleading school children about the Constitution.  I know about opposition to Obama’s jobs plan among Democratic Senators.  I am aware of that the issue of Palestine statehood will be a disaster for the U.S. in the Middle East.  I read about how Obama’s approval rating is in the tank.  I’m ignoring all of it. 
Tomorrow we’ll be touring the Empire Gold Mine in Grass Valley. 


No comments:

Post a Comment