Wednesday, September 7, 2011

John Stewart

I watch very little television.  I know lots of people say that, but I really watch very little.  Shows come and go, and I never see even one episode.  I do watch the Weather Channel (I have a thing for Stephanie Abrams) and an occasional quarter on Monday Night Football, but that’s about it.
On the other hand, I do read.  Today I read that John Stewart on the Comedy Central channel attacked cable tv for overemphasizing the “issue” of President Obama postponing his job speech by one day.  Stewart pointed out that approximately 20 questions at Obama’s press conference were about postponing the speech, and only nine were about the contents of the speech.  
Stewart is the only person I know who eviscerates Fox News, explains the silliness of television “news” in general, and has occasional in-depth interviews where real issues are discussed.  If he were on a little earlier, I’d watch him every day.  He is the one tv personality I fully endorse.  Well, one of two.

2 comments:

  1. I watch John Stewart almost every day. He definitely is one TV personality who is worthwhile to watch. As you mention he is on late, however his show is rerun the next day on Comedy Central. In our market he is on at 6:00 in the evening. Hopefully the same is true in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also watch Jon Stewart (Jonathan is Jewish John) on www.comedycentral.com and on top in search put Jon Stewart and you can watch the previous day's show anytime on your computer.

    ReplyDelete