Monday, October 10, 2011

Spare parts

I received a replacement lens this morning during cataract surgery.  It goes with the artificial lens in the other eye installed in January.  A few years ago I received a new knee joint and a new hip joint.  
Without Medicare and the supplemental medical insurance I have as a result of my union membership, I would be walking with a walker or perhaps bound to a wheelchair.  Without Medicare and that insurance  I might not be able to see well enough to drive. 
Obviously I want to preserve Medicare.  Of course I support unions.  What I don’t understand is Senator Toomey’s and Representative Barletta’s opposition to both Medicare and to unions.  They must live in a different world.

1 comment:

  1. Of course they are opposed to Medicare, Medicade and Social Security. There is nothing in it for them. If any monies are spent on them, that is less money for them and their rich cronies! It is truly a sad society that we live in today.

    I am currently in Baltimore and I'm happy to report that the 99'rs are out and doing all they can here. These people are the real patriots.

    ReplyDelete