Thursday, August 23, 2012

Not that photo


Today I picked up a young man in Aquashicola who needs a photo I.D. to vote.  He did have a photo I.D., but he lost it.  We reached the PennDOT center on 443 about 10:20.  There were only three people ahead of us, and the sign said that Thursday was for photos, not drivers’ tests.

OK, this should be a piece of cake. 

But....

Thursdays are for license pictures.  You need a notice, called a “photo card,” telling you that you need a new picture.  Thursday is not a day for the Voter I.D. cards.  I am not making this up.

I remained calm.  I was a Zen master of calm.  The D.M.V. clerk gave us directions to the Allentown office on Airport Road, but we decided we didn’t want to drive to Allentown.  Tomorrow I am picking up Mr. Jones (not his real name) at 2 p.m., and we will try it again.  By the way, the man I took to the PennDOT Center about a month ago still has not received his birth certificate with the raised seal.

I am not sure how long I can keep my Zen-like calm.

1 comment:

  1. Our legislators tell us that this is no big deal. A simple process to get a photo ID. Ha, Ha!!!!

    ReplyDelete