Saturday, August 18, 2012

Something I've noticed


We had four teams out today contacting voters for Obama.  Emilio and I walked Lehigh Avenue and part of Delaware in Palmerton.  I’ve been on Lehigh so much that people are starting to wave to me on the street.  The day went well--beautiful weather, lots of commitments to vote for Obama, an office volunteer discovered, and a young guy registered to vote.  

Here’s what I’ve noticed about people who don’t like Obama.  They are rude.  It’s not enough for them to say, “No thanks, I’m voting for Gov. Romney.”  It’s always something like “Get off my porch” or “I’d never vote for him” followed by the door slammed shut.

This is not a new observation.  It has been my experience in 2008 and this year that Democrats and Obama supporters are almost always nice people.  They seem to be tolerant, friendly, and generally upbeat.  Republicans are almost always angry.  I think they need a hug, but they won’t get one from me.

1 comment:

  1. I know a fair number of Republicans and they are decent people. I also know some Tea Party types and they are the ones that I think you are talking about.

    For the most part they are bullies and they just can't handle the fact that we have a black President. I have overheard some of their conversations and what I have heard I wouldn't put in print.

    It is a known fact that Willard Romney was a bully when he was young. I would say that with his known business ethics, (for what they are) he still is a bully. Actually he really isn't a business man--he is more of a corporate raider who only cares about how much money he can accumulate.

    ReplyDelete