Saturday, October 13, 2012

Penn Forest Canvass


At Democratic Headquarters this morning Ron, Lois, and I were handed a turf located in Penn Forest Township.  My first thought was oh no!  Penn Forest is up in the Poconos, the houses are far apart, and two weeks ago in a nearby turf we met some very nasty Romney supporters.

My fears were misplaced.  We hit only two Romney supporters (one nasty), and neither of those was on our list.  We ran into people with friendly dogs, big dogs, and mean dogs, but everybody we talked to was either pro-Obama and willing to commit or leaning to Obama.  

The best result was when an 89-year-old explained to Lois and me that he never told people how he was voting, but when we turned to go, he said, “I will let you in on a little secret.  I can’t stand Romney.”  Then he asked, “Don’t you kids have anything better to do?”  It is the first time in this campaign season I’ve been called a kid.

All in all, a good day.

2 comments:

  1. It's great when you have good days canvassing. Personally, I prefer to canvass as opposed to making calls. It's interesting meeting people and having a discussion. Even if it is only for a minute or so. I have had some discussions that have lasted up to 15 minutes, some people really want to talk.

    Keep up the good work Roy and to all of those who do the work required for a successful outcome on November 6.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely. I would much rather canvass than phone.

      Delete