Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Absentee Voter Program


We have a list of some 700 Democratic voters in Carbon County who voted absentee at least once n the last three general elections.  We are in the process of calling or visiting each of those voters to determine if they want to vote by absentee again.  If they do, we provide them with the applications.  

Today Sandra and I visited absentee voters in Palmerton’s middle ward.  We found that in some cases people had applied in the past because they were on vacation.  Other voters, however, couldn’t get to the polls and did need applications.  The applications, by the way, must be received by the County Registrar by October 30.

Absentee voters are like money in the bank--for both parties.  Obviously we are not contacting Republicans, but I’m sure they are out doing the same thing we are.  I have a feeling that this year the number of absentee voters will jump.  For some people, especially older voters who suffer from COPD, are using walkers, or no longer have a driver’s license, absentee voting is the smart alternative.

Note:  I think I’ll have to reevaluate my atheism, since my prayer that Obama would do well in the debate was answered.  I’m not sure which God did it, but it was probably the Angel Moroni.

No comments:

Post a Comment