Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Rick Perry, always a jerk


For many years I kept a file of strange and unusual news stories.  I called it my “trivia” file.  I’ve decided to chuck it, but as I was going through it, a small blurb from the Feb. 10, 1991, San Jose Mercury News caught my eye.  Here it is, in its entirety:

When a Republican candidate for Texas Agriculture Commissioner tried to hurt his opponent in August by claiming that the Democrat had visited “Jane Fonda’s home,” columnist Molly Ivins asked for an explanation.  GOP spokesman Rick Perry said the Democrat had visited “Los Angeles several times,” pointing out that he thought Los Angeles is where Jane Fonda lives.

Rick Perry was a front runner for the Republican nomination for president of the United States earlier this year.  Truly amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Republicans--either they lie or make things up! History surely repeats itself with republicans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this time, there is another Bush that may be in the running for the Republican nomination. Does anyone remember the last Bush that lied to Americans and the world to start the two wars we are in today?

    ReplyDelete