Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Perfect Candidate


It’s no secret that Carbon County Democrats are looking for a candidate to run against Rep. Doyle Heffley.  Here’s what we are looking for:

1.  a woman.  Kathleen Kane did very well in Carbon County, as did Hillary Clinton in 2008 in the primary.  Rep. Heffley does not really respect women; he thinks the Pennsylvania legislature should be in the room when a woman and her doctor make reproductive decisions.

2.  a person with Carbon County roots.  I’d fit that one, but I lived in CA for 32 years, so that kind of taints me.  Plus I don’t meet #1.

3.  someone with business experience.  Republicans are always touting business experience, so it would be nice if the Democratic candidate at some time had run a business.  

4.  someone with a connection to agriculture.  In the recent past, Democratic candidates have not done well in the more rural townships.  I’d actually be ok here, but see #1 and 

5.  someone who hunts.  The ideal would be a hunter who is not a member of the N.R.A., which is really an agent of the gun manufacturers.

6.  a person who likes other people.  Again, that lets me out.

7.  someone who is not an atheist, a former college professor, and a left-wing blogger.  My candidacy is doomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment