Sunday, April 20, 2014

Assault rifle lottery


At the Weissport Redneck Festival last summer, the local 9/12 group was raffling off an assault rifle.  Now I read that Tea Party candidates are using the same idea as a fundraiser and a way to collect the names and addresses of committed pro-gun voters.

This got me to thinking about what liberals could raffle off.  I can’t come up with something comparable.  I do have a few ideas:
     --an all-expense vacation to Florida to swim with the manatees.
     --a year’s subscription to the NewYork Times.
     --two tickets to a Broadway musical.
     --a hundred shares in a solar panel company.

Somehow none of these has the same resonance as an assault rifle, however.  Maybe we should just raffle off a Glock and be done with it.

2 comments:

  1. I've been giving some thought on this. At first I thought maybe tickets to a baseball game. But then I thought something patriotic might be better. Maybe a framed copy of the constitution or the bill of rights. Of course it would be great to get a flag that was flown over the White House or the capitol. Might be difficult to get though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I think a flag flown over the White House might be doable. That is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete