Tuesday, April 22, 2014

McGinty, McCord, or Wolf


 Pennsylvania Democrats are confronted with four candidates running for governor, each of whom would be good for the state and provide a refreshing change from the disastrous Corbett years.

Tonight at the Carbon County Democrats for Change meeting Bill O’Gurek spoke on behalf of McGinty, Bill Vinsko spoke for Wolf, and Billy O’Gurek represented McCord.  Ms. Schwartrz, whom I understand is concentrating her efforts on southeastern Pennsylvania, did not have a representative at the meeting.

One attendee said the presentations left her more undecided than she had been at the beginning of the meeting.  While my own respect for the candidates grew, I remain a McGinty supporter.  Global warming, the extinction of more and more species, the fouling of our air and water--these are my biggest concerns.  I believe McGinty has the best environmental credentials.  Whatever happens in the Democratic primary, however, I know I’ll be voting Democratic come November.

No comments:

Post a Comment