Thursday, April 24, 2014

Greedy old farts


On Monday, my last day of radiation, I mentioned to the radiologists that I had no idea what the treatments cost.  Amanda said, “You don’t want to know.”  I’m so lucky--what Medicare doesn’t pay, my health insurance (thank you, AFL-CIO) will almost certainly cover.  I do know that the whole process ran to thousands and thousands of dollars.

A poll discussed in today’s Morning Call noted that only 39% of Pennsylvanians had a favorable view of the Affordable Care Act.  47% were unfavorable.  One woman from Bethlehem said she did not like the idea of giving subsidized insurance to low income people.  

That woman is on Medicare. 

She evidently wants to go back to the old system in which old people, who are sucking the health care system dry, continue to receive medical treatments.  If you are young poor, and sick, you can die.

No comments:

Post a Comment