Sunday, May 11, 2014

Katie McGinty for Governor


First, let me say that I will vote for the Democratic nominee in the fall--be it McGinty, McCord, Wolf, or Schwartz.  Any of the four Democratic candidates would be a major improvement over the incumbent.

So why McGinty?  She won’t win the primary, and may come in fourth.  Nonetheless, in my view she is the best candidate and would do the best against Corbett.

I like her environmental background.  To me the overriding issue for the next generation is the environment.  While other issues are vitally important, if we destroy our earth, the other issues won’t matter.

Second, she is a decent candidate.  She ran a clean campaign and made the most of limited funds.  I am tired of candidates winning because they have their own money to put into the campaign.  That’s the main reason I won’t vote for Wolf.

Third, I like her stress on education.  Poor people have one source of capital in America--a good education.  McGinty understands that.

Fourth, she has had executive experience in government.  Schwartz has been a legislator--not the best recommendation.  Wolf has executive experience, but in the private sector.  There’s a difference.  The only other candidate who has run an executive department is McCord, but I’m not impressed with his tactics of desperation.

Fifth, she’s been to Carbon County.  I know that isn’t a great reason to vote for a candidate, but at least she knows we are here.  

I’m proud and pleased to support her.

1 comment:

  1. In this day and age, unfortunately it all about money. In this case we must have candidate that has the money and appeal that the voter can relate to. Its TOM WOLF.

    ReplyDelete