Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Fireworks shot from one's head

I will try to be gentle here.  Obviously a mother is in emotional pain because of her son’s death.  I would not want to add to her sadness.  

But....  On July 4 a 22-year-old Maine resident, Davon Staples, had been drinking and decided to launch a firework from the top of his head.  He was killed instantly.


His mother is now advocating for stricter controls over who can set off fireworks.  She thinks the state should require safety training courses for people to use fireworks.  While I can understand her emotions, I don’t think you can outlaw stupidity.  

2 comments:

  1. I understand that alcohol was involved along with the stupidity. I believe his brother and a friend previously talked him out of doing it but he did it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately alcohol seems to be involved in quite a few fireworks accidents.

    ReplyDelete