Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Chicken Quesadillas

I heard tonight that the conservative 9/12 group in Carbon County will be holding a meeting to discuss the threat of Muslims.  This is the same group that sponsored a speech by the anti-Muslim Dr. Ben Carson last year at Penns Peak.  Do these people even know a Muslim?

I love the diversity of this country.  Here’s a small example.  In the recipe page of the latest issue of the Lancaster Farming newspaper, the first recipe listed is Chicken Quesadillas.  

I can just see some Mennonite farmer’s wife in Ephrata saying to her husband, “Jake, when you go to town, get me some tortillas and some guacamole.  I’m going to try this chicken quesadilla recipe.”  

Just think how Lehighton would be improved by a good Syrian restaurant.  Or Mexican, or Indian, or Thai.


You can go all the way back to James Madison in Federalist Paper #10.  Madison explains the advantages of a pluralist country better than anyone I know.  I recommend the 9/12ers read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment