Friday, September 11, 2015

No way to run a rally

Yesterday supporters of Kathleen Kane held a rally in Harrisburg to support Ms. Kane, whose name is usually preceded by the word “embattled” or “beleaguered.”  The organizer of the rally forgot the first rule of rallies:  Don’t hold a rally unless you know people will show up.

She invited 1000 people to the rally via Facebook.  20 people came.  

I probably shouldn’t comment on Facebook, since I never signed up and regard the whole thing a colossal time suck, but I will anyway.  (You knew I would.)

Your friends on Facebook are not really your friends.  You can’t borrow a cup of sugar from them.  They won’t come to your funeral.  They are passive and inert.  If you want them to come to a rally you must call them, cajole them, provide rides for them, buy them lunch.

I too think Kathleen Kane is being treated unfairly, but a rally with 20 supporters is worse than no rally at all.  


On another note:  I’m sorry Rick Perry dropped out of the Republican Presidential race.  I thought the glasses were working.  He did look smarter, didn’t he?

No comments:

Post a Comment