Saturday, September 19, 2015

Sen. Toomey sees "Republican talent"

Sen. Toomey (R-PA) said the last Republican presidential debate showed great talent up on that stage.  Really.  Let’s run through some of the “talent.”

Bush has proposed a serious and detailed tax plan.  Unfortunately, it would cut the taxes of the top 10%.

Walker says he could take on terrorists because he has experience fighting public unions.

Fiorina lied through her teeth about Planned Parenthood and fetal tissue research.  Her business background leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Carson, although a physician, thinks the theory of evolution is bogus and said the Affordable Care Act was the worst thing that happened to America since slavery.

Huckabee is actually running for position of pastor of the Hard Shell Baptist church in West Hooterville.  (OK, I made that one up, but it sounds about right.)

Trump.  Really?


Toomey also said he would vote for the eventual Republican nominee, no matter who it was.  This is a guy who in his campaign announcement touted his ability to work with Democrats.  And to think he has been one of my U.S. Senators for the past five years and now wants another term.  Not if I can help it.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't watch the debate. I had better things to do. Although I do enjoy good comedy. From everything that I have seen and heard from the republicans, I would not use the word talent with any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does make you wonder what Toomey's idea of "talent" is.

    ReplyDelete