Tuesday, September 8, 2015

UGI-PennEast Pipeline Grants

UGI-PennEast has been doling out $5000 “Community Connector Grants.”  The “connector” thing is kind of cute.  

The grants go to various community organizations such as the Franklin Fire Company or the Eastern Pennsylvania Coalition for Abandoned Mine Reclamation.  

My first thought was what a pathetic way to try to win community support for a pipeline that is an environmental disaster.  My second thought was that this is a really chintzy grant from a company that stands to make billions.

Now I hear that supervisors in two townships in Northampton County have changed their opposition to the pipeline because of the grants.


Here is my offer to UGI-PennEast.  You already gave me a measuring tape and a refrigerator magnet, but I still oppose your pipeline.  I think you should send me a check for $5000.  Maybe I’ll drop my opposition.  It’s worth a shot.

2 comments:

  1. Apparently those supervisors are not really concerned about the impact to the environment and do not care what there constitutes want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you are going to sell out, at least get a good price.

    ReplyDelete