Monday, January 11, 2016

Justin Simmons and chutzpah

Last night I noted that tea party darling Rep. Justin Simmons, a man first elected to the PA House when he was 23 and living at home with his parents, was reneging on his promise to only serve three terms.  He is running for his 4th, since where else could he get a job that paid $85,339 a year.

Today Simmons published a piece in the Morning Call explaining why he was breaking his promise.  He explained why he had changed his mind.  He didn’t know six years ago that Pennsylvania would have the “most liberal governor in America,” and he needed to remain in Harrisburg to fight for the people of his district.

Also, and I am quoting this directly, “The fact is that now is not the time to step down and leave the taxpayers I serve to the unproven, untested, or unknown.”


That is real chutzpah.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like he is full of himself. What a crock of ----he is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I read in the Morning Call that he has a primary opponent. I don't usually donate to Republican candidates, but for this I might make an exception.

    ReplyDelete