Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Never shopped at Wal-Mart

Hundreds of Wal-Marts are closing down in American small towns, and people are devastated.  Evidently many of the small shops in these towns have gone under as people flocked to the every day low priced items at Wal-Mart.  Now that Wal-Mart is leaving, people have no stores to buy groceries or other items.

I have no pity.  Nobody held a gun to these people’s heads to force them to shop at Wal-Mart.  The problem with so many Americans is that they know the price of everything but the value of nothing.  For a few bucks in their pockets they are willing to abandon family-owned businesses to shop at some giant chain that pays its workers a pittance and sells cheap plastic crap.

I have never shopped at Wal-Mart.  I’ve been in one to use the restroom when we had a labor action at the Stroudsburg store, and I did pick up my Aunt’s prescriptions at the one in Lehighton, so I can’t say I’ve never been in one, but I never bought anything.  And having seen what they are like inside, I’m amazed that anyone would want to set foot there.


Oh, yeah, I forgot.  They have low prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment