Saturday, January 30, 2016

New York Daily News

I’ll admit to being a newspaper snob.  I read the New York Times; I would never deign to buy the Daily News.  It’s a tabloid, for heaven’s sake. 

I have to re-evaluate.  When Ted Cruz accused Trump of having New York values, the Daily News had a cover with the Statue of Liberty giving Cruz the finger and the caption “Drop Dead, Ted.”  I so wish I had a copy of that.  

When Sarah Palin endorsed Trump, the Daily News had a picture of Trump and Palin with the headline, “I’m with Stupid.”

When Rupert Murdoch announced that he would wed supermodel Jerry Hall, the News announced the engagement as “Beauty and the Beast.”

When the mass shooting occurred in San Bernardino, the Daily News ran quotes from the Republican candidates calling for prayers with the headline, “God Isn’t Fixing This.”


I’ll have to start buying the Daily News.

No comments:

Post a Comment