Saturday, March 19, 2016

Hulk Hogan Sex Tapes

Last night I was looking for a syllabus for a course on the history of labor unions.  I typed “labor union history syllabus” into the search engine and syllabi from various professors was immediately available.  Experiences like that that makes me appreciate the Internet.

On the other hand, I don’t see the reason why Gawker needs to make available a secretly recorded film of wrestler Hulk Hogan having sex with his friend’s wife.  Why does a site like Gawker even exist?  The downside of the Internet is the nastiness and cruelty that is available.


I am pleased that yesterday a jury awarded Mr. Hogan $60 million for emotional distress and $55 million for punitive damages.  I only hope is it enough to bankrupt Gawker.  It would be justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment