Monday, March 21, 2016

Republican National Committee questionnaire

Somehow I received a mailing from the RNC.  You answer a “poll,” and then you are asked to send in money.  The questions on the poll are not to ascertain one’s attitudes, but to whip up the base.  A typical question is “Are you in favor of granting retroactive Social Security eligibility to illegal immigrants who gain U.S. citizenship through an amnesty program?”  I answered yes with the comment, “They paid into it.”  Of course, there is no amnesty program.

Another question was, “Do you support President Obama and Hillary Clinton’s plan to close the Guantanamo Bay (Gitmo) detention center and bring hardened terrorists to the United States?  I answered yes with the comment:  “Oh, for goodness sake.  It’s not like we plan to release these guys in downtown Dallas.”

#15 was “Do you agree with Hillary Clinton that Barack Obama should get an ‘A’ grade for his job performance as President?”  I said yes, but commented that I thought it should be an A+.  

I have a feeling they will take me off the list, but I did comment at the top of the poll, “We are about to see just how big the Republican tent is.”  


I thought the fun I had was worth the 49¢ stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment