Sunday, March 13, 2016

Tired of Stupid People

#1:  How would you feel if you were a parent who buried a child killed at Sandy Hook, and a candidate for office claimed that it never happened; that it was a government-staged hoax.  Mary Lou Bruner, candidate for Texas State Board of Education, says that.  (The 15 member Board sets policy for Texas school books.)

Bruner also says that the U.S. should ban Islam, that the Democratic Party had Kennedy killed, and that President Obama worked as a gay prostitute to finance his drug habit.

OK, you say, she’s obviously nuts.  Nonetheless, running in East Texas, she may actually win the election.  Here’s a comment from one of her supporters, quoted in today’s Times;  “I would not discount her on the basis of having those beliefs.”

Another said, “At the end of the day, is Mary Lou a wacko extremist?  No, She’s a nice older lady who doesn’t understand social media and the impact that it can have.  I’m still going to vote for Mary Lou, and I’m going to encourage people to do the same.”  Bruner was the top vote getter in the Republican primary and is now in a run-off.

#2:  When I was out buying my Sunday Times this morning, I overheard a guy about my age say something about Trump, contrasting him favorably to Obama, whom he called stupid. I jumped into the conversation.


I said, “Obama is probably the smartest president we’ve ever had.”  He said, “He should have been impeached three times.”  I said, “For what?  Name a reason.”  He said, “Don’t your read the paper?”   I said, “I read the New York Times every day.”  He headed for the door in such a hurry that he dropped most of the advertising circulars as he was going out.  I picked them up, and I felt really good.  I actually think I scared the guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment