Saturday, May 21, 2016

Carbon County Hotels and Motels

I know my faithful readers want political red meat accompanied by cogent analysis, but sometimes I just have to take a break.  Tonight’s topic is Carbon County hotels and motels.  We have 12.  I learned this factoid from the newsletter published by the Center for Rural Pennsylvania.  I also learned that 56% of all hotels and motels in rural Pennsylvania are within two miles of an interstate highway or Turnpike exit.  

The numbers do not include Bed and Breakfast establishments.  I thought I knew Carbon County rather well, but I can only think of six hotels or motels.  The newsletter lists raw numbers, not names.

By the way, Fulton County has zero, and Juniata, and Cameron have one each.  Lancaster, on the other hand, has 87.  


Back to politics tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment