Monday, January 16, 2017

Obama reads

A front page article in today’s Times discussed some of the books President Obama has read while in the White House.  Among the books mentioned were The Sixth Extinction by Elizabeth Kolbert.  He reads Jhumpa Lahiri and Junot Diaz.  He has had lunches with Mr. Diaz, Dave Eggers, Colson Whitehead, Zadie Smith, and Barbara Kingsolver.

And I’m thinking,OMG, I like all of those people.  (Well, maybe not Colson Whitehead.)  I am so going to miss President Obama.

Incidentally, I remember reading that an author who spent a long period of time with Donald Trump in preparation for a book about him said that he had never seen Mr.Trump reading a book.


I am so going to miss President Obama.

2 comments:

  1. Trump only knows how to count his money. Everything else is foreign to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's widely known the Trumpster doesn't like to read.

    ReplyDelete