Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Pipeline news

Yesterday the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission announced a two-month’s delay in the approval of the PennEast Pipeline.  That is the one that bisects our farm, so, of course, I was happy.  

I am not celebrating, however.  Today Trump announced that he was taking steps to speed up construction of the Keystone XL pipeline and the North Dakota Access pipeline.  The Keystone XL will affect global climate change; the North Dakota Access pipeline is the one that crosses the Standing Rock Indian lands.

Trump did not have to do this.  Obviously, there was no study or thought involved in either of his decisions.  Obviously he did this to make a point.  He’s in charge.  Climate change is not important.  Indians, who overwhelmingly supported Hillary Clinton, should be punished.  

Last night I wrote that I was having fun with the Trump administration.  No more.  I’m just disgusted and angry.


And I wonder if the millions who voted for him even thought about the environment.  Even thought about the Supreme Court and our liberties.  I’m guessing not.

No comments:

Post a Comment