Thursday, January 26, 2017

Target Rich Environment

Recent items in the news:

The South Dakota Republican legislature is planning to set aside an ethics law passed by the state’s voters this past November.

Six journalists who were covering the anti-Trump demonstrations on Inauguration Day were arrested under felony charges.

Trump is still saying that there are millions of illegal votes, all for Clinton, and he wants an investigation.

Trump is still basking in the fact that he won Pennsylvania, bragging about it to Republican legislators.  He seems to have a need to relive his victory.

A leaked document supports opening “black site” locations where the CIA can torture prisoners.

The Trump administration will eliminate any aid to international health programs that provide information on abortion, including programs providing help to combat the Zika virus.

The administration will impose a religious test on refugees admitted to the U.S.


There’s much more, but if you believe in American values and American democracy, and you blog in part to defend those values and that democracy, it is hard to know where to even begin.  Recently I’ve felt like giving up.  There is just so much to overcome.

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I feel about the same as you. Then I start to think about our Grand kids and I realize that I must persevere in the battle against the current administration. We cannot leave our country to go back to what it was like in the past. It's just too much to give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know. We can't quit. There are times I'd like to crawl into a hole and give up, but I can't. I was just feeling depressed. I'm over it.

    ReplyDelete