Friday, April 21, 2017

Earth Day, Jim Thorpe

I am aware from the stats available to me that I have readers in such far-flung places as Germany, China, and Belgium.  I’m especially appreciative of my Belgian readers.  

But...if you are in the area of Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania, tomorrow, April 22, stop by the Save Carbon County booth at the Earth Day Festival.  We have information on the proposed PennEast pipeline compressor station that will scare and amaze you, and we have postcards to send to Sen. Toomey asking him to oppose the proposed cuts in the EPA budget.

I am old enough to remember the very first Earth Day.  I don’t think I have ever been so pessimistic, not even when Reagan and the Bushes were elected.  This is really crunch time for not only the American environment, but also for the entire globe.  


To celebrate Earth Day, don’t just pick up litter.  Litter is unsightly, but it is not changing the climate.  Support an environmental interest group like Nature Conservancy, the Sierra Club, or the Audubon Society.  We need political clout.

2 comments:

  1. I really do get tired o picking up ones trash along side our road. Just disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once the weeds grow up, you won't see as much. But I agree. It is disgusting. Even pigs only crap in one corner of their pen. People are worse than pigs.

    ReplyDelete