Sunday, April 9, 2017

Your contribution is tax deductible

I just finished my federal income tax return.  Like most Americans, I do not itemize my deductions.  Our medical expenses have never reached the threshold to itemize, and we are not paying interest on a mortgage.  While we give quite a bit to Democratic candidates and liberal interest groups like the Sierra Club, those contributions are not deductible.,

Almost all of the other charities we send checks to explain that we can deduct our contributions.  Actually, we can’t, since we don’t itemize.

I send out the solicitation letters for the “Friends of Kibler School,” a 501 C-3 organization.  On those letters we always put a note that contributions are deductible IF THE DONOR ITEMIZES.


OK, I know it may be a small thing, but it is one of those little irritants my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment