Thursday, September 20, 2018

Adventures in canvassing

#1:  Sandra and I were canvassing for Kara Scott and Denny Wolff in Palmerton West this afternoon.  We met a young woman who said she was not voting.  When we asked why, she said she had been a Bernie supporter, but then he “sold out.”  While I was not a Bernie supporter,  I had to question that.  I said, “Is that something you heard on the internet?”  She said, “No, lots of people are saying that.”

Huh?  Really?  When?  Who is saying that?  What does it even mean?  And why would you quit voting?

#2:  About an hour later I was canvassing with Debbie, also in Palmerton West, and we met another guy who said he never voted.  I said, “Hey, you might be interested in HR 45.  It’s a bill to stop elections and appoint every official in Pennsylvania from the governor down to the school board.  You might like that bill.”  I thought that would give the guy pause.  Instead he said, “Oh, ok.”


As Debbie said, “Maybe it is better that some people don’t vote.”

No comments:

Post a Comment