Friday, July 5, 2019

Keep those cards and letters coming

Elizabeth Egan, writer and editor, started a project to send a postcard a day to elected officials, especially those in the Trump administration.  She has written quite a few to Trump, who never responds.

In a recent article she noted that she has now written 450 cards and is still going strong.

I also write, mostly letters.  Not one a day, but I have written to Trump (urging him to resign), to Sen. Toomey, to Rep.Meuser, to state representative Doyle Heffley, to Sen. Lindsay Graham, to Sen. Ben Sasse, and to the Governor of Alabama.  Some of them I have posted.  Toomey and Heffley replied but with form letters.  No one else wrote back.


Why bother?  Hey, as we were reminded yesterday, it’s a free country.  I have a right to verbally tell those people what they are doing wrong (or right, although that is not as common).  I’m hoping someone, somewhere reads them.  They do occasionally get results.  I wrote to Nixon three times urging him to resign.  After the third letter he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment