Saturday, July 27, 2019

Sheer spite

Trump’s EPA scrapped the Obama administration efforts to increase gas milage and emission standards.  Nonetheless, California made a deal with Ford, BMW, Honda, and Volkswagen to raise the milage standards.  Auto makers really don’t want to make two different types of vehicles.

The Trump administration has now threatened to challenge California’s right to set its own standards.  In the meantime, this past June was the hottest ever on record, and the earth is heating at a faster rate than scientists predicted just a few years ago.  

Trump doesn’t care about any of that.  He does care about Obama, however.  That hatred runs deep.

Note to readers:  When I don’t post something, I feel like I’m letting you down, and I feel like I owe an explanation.  Yesterday we drove to Connecticut to see two art museums–New Britain’s museum yesterday afternoon and the Hill-Stead museum this morning.  I took along my Air Book, but its power was down to less than one percent, and I forgot the charging cord.  I apologize.


By the way, both museums were wonderful.  On the other hand, we walked out of a restaurant called “Texas de Brazil” recommended by our hotel.  You were supposed to pay $47.50 for EACH person.  For that you got all you could eat.  That’s ridiculous on a number of levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment