Friday, July 19, 2019

Red Raspberries

Some days it is just nice to put politics aside, forget about the racist tweets, ignore the Trump toady who represents my district in the U.S. House of Representatives, and pick red raspberries in Nockamixon State Park.

I have not seen wild red raspberries in my area for many years.  It was very hot, and we only got about a quart, but I think if I add them to the black ones I already picked, I’ll have enough for jam.

Even in Nockamixon State Park, however, politics intruded.  The Environmental Center has been closed since April for lack of funds, and the Park depends on a volunteer group (all over 70) to pick up litter.  


I wonder how many of the locals who complain about “those people” coming to Beltzville State Park have contacted their local state reps and asked for more funding for DCNR.

No comments:

Post a Comment