Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Take it to the streets

In the past week I’ve read two opinion pieces calling for mass demonstrations against Trump and his policies.  Michelle Goldberg recently pointed out that demonstrations do work.  They call attention.  They change policy.  

I didn’t think too much about this until today when a group of Republican House members actually disrupted the hearings on Trump’s illegal threats and arms embargo against the Ukrainian government.  Like the bullies they are, they prevented a House Committee from conducting its constitutional business.


It is time to take it to the streets.  It is time to stand up for our democracy.  I don’t know how to create or organize a national day–or week–of action.  I know there are savvy people on social media who do have those organizational skills, and I hope they are planning as I write this.  I’m ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment