Friday, November 22, 2019

They just keep coming

I’m referring to Trump’s lies, of course.  On Wednesday Trump toured an Apple computer manufacturing plant in Texas with Tim Cook.  He accepted a plate with the words “Assembled in America.”  Then he went on to take credit for the plant, saying it was evidence of his three-year success in bringing manufacturing back to America.

The plant was built in 2013.  Tim Cook did not correct him.  

I could make a snarky remark here and tell any Trump supporters who read this that 2019 minus 2013 is actually six years, but I’m more interested in how they justify this kind of bullshit.  I’m going to take a stab at it:

“It was just a slip of the tongue.”

He has a lot on his mind right now with the impeachment hearings and all.”

“That was Trump just being Trump.”

“Anybody can make a mistake, but he is getting Mexico to pay for the wall.”

“You’re just picking on him because you don’t like all of his successes.”

Pretty good, huh?  I believe I could be a Trumper.  All I need is a lobotomy.


No comments:

Post a Comment