Tuesday, May 18, 2021

A ban on beef?

 Fox News and other crazy people have spread the false rumor that the Biden climate plan will ban the eating of beef.  It won’t.  That hasn’t been proposed.  It hasn’t been discussed.

However, it might not be a bad idea.  The way cattle are stuffed with artificial feeds and loaded up with antibiotics and crowded into feed lots indicate that beef might not be the best meat to eat if you eat meat.  If you don’t know how the steer you are eating was raised, maybe you shouldn’t be eating it.  Besides, steers produce methane.  Not as much as fracking wells, but still a significant amount.

Do I eat beef?  Yeah, an occasional hamburger, but I also find the plant-based ones quite tasty, although they have their own environmental problems.  Mostly I get my proteins from the eggs my chickens produce.  

No comments:

Post a Comment