Sunday, May 23, 2021

King Kong vs. Godzilla

Last night I saw the movie “King Kong vs. Godzilla,” or was it “Godzilla vs. King Kong”?  In any case, let me tell you about another movie first.  


Sometime in 1971 or ’72 when I was living in the Bay Area, I went to a showing in Berkeley of “The Hour of the Furnaces,” a left-wing film shot in Argentina.  The film was shown in a church basement, and the audience sat on hard folding chairs.  I had some serious dental work done earlier in the afternoon and was in quite a bit of pain.  The basement was cold.  The movie, in black and white, was in Spanish with subtitles.  Unlike its title, the film was at least three hours long.  I felt that it would be rude if I walked out, so I stayed for the whole thing.


That movie experience was better than “King Kong vs. Godzilla.”

1 comment:

  1. Saturday we watched a nice funny movie on Prime, "Dear God."
    Had some of my Carmel Popcorn.

    ReplyDelete