Sunday, December 12, 2021

850 books

 A state representative in Texas sent a list of 850 books to school superintendents in Texas, demanding to know if they had any of the books on their shelves.  Some of the books were “Young Adult,” while others were by novelists like William Styron or Margaret Atwood.  I recently read Moxie, a young adult book about a girl in a Texas high school who organizes the girls in the school to fight sexual bullying by members of the football team.  I’ll bet it is on the list.

The list, of course, is to intimidate librarians and teachers.  Some teachers have already quit; others have been labeled Marxist by parents.

I would like to get my hands on the list.  The representative’s name is Matt Krause.  I am planning to write to Rep. Krause and ask him for the list.  I’ll pretend to be a concerned anti-critical race theory parent.  Don’t tell.

P.S.  We lost electricity again last night.  It was off from about 9:30 to midnight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment