Monday, June 19, 2023

Joe Micko

I first met Joe Micko during the Obama campaign when he was incredibly active in getting out yard signs.  I soon learned that he was a firm supporter of labor unions and was an active member of the Laborers’ Union.  Then I found out that he was involved with environmental causes.  Then I found out that he donated money to keep the Democratic Headquarters open.  Somewhat later I found out that he was a formidable wrestler when he was in college–and I hadn’t even known he went to college.

As his health declined, he had trouble getting out the signs, but he manned a table for the Ukrainian cause and remained steadfast in his support for the Ukrainians, and he never wavered in his progressive politics.  

I was so sad to hear of his death.  I’ll miss his political presence, but I’ll miss his friendship even more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment