Thursday, June 8, 2023

Robocall scams

I have a very old-fashioned phone.  When it rings I have no idea who is calling me.  As a consequence, I answer as many as 15 scam calls a day.  I usually hang up, but sometimes I wait until a real person comes on the line so I can have a conversation.  I tell the scammers bad things about their mothers, or tell them they are smart enough to get a real job, or ask why I haven’t received my check yet.  I have so many more.  Hey, it’s a hobby.


Now I read that the Pennsylvania Attorney General Michelle Henry is prosecuting phone scams.  She recently reached a $250,000 settlement against a phone scammer based in New York.  She and some other states are now going after Avid Telecom.  That’s the company that tells you your car warranty has run out.  The company is estimated to have made 24.5 BILLION calls.


Lately I’ve been telling the scammers that the PA Attorney General is coming for them.  Also things they may not have known about their mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment