Monday, June 5, 2023

Tonight's Weissport Borough Council meeting

I’ve been attending borough and township meetings in Carbon County, Pennsylvania, to talk about a resolution against the use of sewage sludge on agricultural fields.  I don’t want to get into that issue in this post.


What I do want to write about is how much I like going to these meetings.  People who say they hate politics or think all politicians are crooks should attend some local government meetings where ordinary citizens grapple with issues and try to solve problems.  They do this with limited funds.  They occasionally deal with angry citizens who demand immediate attention.  They may have different opinions, but they discuss rather than argue.  I would bet that if you go to one of these township or borough meetings there is no way you can tell who is a Democrat or who is a Republican.  It is a refreshing reaffirmation of democracy 

No comments:

Post a Comment